Lipstick Robot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lipstick Robot

We carry a big stick ... or something.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patty The K
Admin
Patty The K

The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000) Empty
PostSubject: The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000)   The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:41 pm

Touching documentary of former PTL woman Tammy Faye. It covers all the bases here; from her atrocious make up (yes, she knows it's excessive); to the build up of their christian minstry (everything they touched turned to christian gold); her troubled marriage; the fall of her husband Jim; and the most fucked up story of how Jerry Falwell single-handedly destroyed their ministry. Yep, it's true. They got royally fucked over by this man. Anyway, did Jim and Tammy steal millions from their followers? Nope. They were paid their normal salary - keep in mind, however, "normal salary" for them was probably a million; they did after all create and own the first christian network; so they made what other network owners made. And through all this, Tammy stayed strong. Throw in her addiction to anti-depressants, Jim's affair, a troubled daughter, cancer, divorce, and zealot fans and christian hypocrisy and you've got yourself a great documentary. A
Back to top Go down
https://lipstickrobot.aforumfree.com
Dingus McCrunch

Dingus McCrunch

The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000)   The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:51 am

I just finished this movie, it was pretty sad. I remember thinking Jim and Tammy Faye were just the most evil, corrupt people back in the 80s (I used to watch their show for laughs), but it seems like they were genuine, and naive enough to always get ripped off by others. The fact that they got fired from the 700 club after creating it (pat robertson owned the network, and once the show took off, he decided it needed to star himself), and various other "electric ministries" throughout the 70s and 80s, shows that while they were popular with the audience, they weren't so popular with the back office. And Tammy Faye used to do a puppet show! I watched with great disappointment as the television producer listened to Tammy Faye pitch him 3 absolutely brilliant show ideas and he basically rolled his eyes at her (I'd give anything to see a kids' show hosted by Tammy Faye and her puppets). Very sad, indeed that she's now passed on and we'll never get a chance for such a thing. I also forgot that she and Jim J. Bullock did a show together, and that Jim J. has A.I.D.s (I looked it up on wikipedia, apparently he's had hiv for 25 years now). Perhaps all the other christian ministers disliked them because they weren't anti-gay, or even anti-anyone. Somehow, Tammy Faye's become a gay icon (i found this movie on the "logo" network), it was even narrated by Ru Paul of all people! As far as the documentary film-making itself... eh. It kind of fell apart in the last half hour or so, it lost all it's steam. And i didn't like the puppets that cut the sections together. But, even with the negatives, it's still a good documentary. I recommend it. Oh, and who knew they had a theme park?? That's what they did with all the money they raised? Crazy.
Back to top Go down

The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2000)
Page 1 of 1