Lipstick Robot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lipstick Robot

We carry a big stick ... or something.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Love You, Man

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dingus McCrunch

Dingus McCrunch

I Love You, Man Empty
PostSubject: I Love You, Man   I Love You, Man Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:02 am

I Love You, Man (2009): starring Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Rashida Jones, Jaime Pressly, Jon Favreau, J.K. Simmons, Andy Samberg, Lou Ferrigno, Joe Lo Truglio
Paul Rudd plays Peter Klaven, a guy who's great at being a boyfriend, is best friends with every girl at the office and has absolutely no idea how to relate to other dudes. As his wedding approaches, he realizes he has no groomsmen and no best man. Even worse, all his fiance's friends are talking about how weird it is that he has no friends. "I Love You, Man" is a film about the relationships men have with each other and yes, it's quite homo-erotic. It's also pretty funny, though not as funny as "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". Speaking of Sarah Marshall, it's Jason Segel who comes to Klaven's rescue as a potential new best friend. He seems to be the exact opposite of Peter, he's a dude's dude, seemingly based in part on "the Dude" from Big Leboski, he's chockfull of life observations (like being able to tell when a guy has to fart). Peter asks him out on a "man date" and later they meet up for drinks. Soon, they're jamming out to Rush songs together (it turns out Peter can "slap da bass"- his new catchphrase). His fiance, Zooey (Rashida Jones) is all for this new 'bromance' but soon gets a little weirded out by it. Maybe it's the way Paul gets so nervous around his new bf, or the way he talks in gibberish when he's around him. Whatever the case, the bromance begins to clash with the romance. I'm not joking when i say this might be the most homo-erotic movie of the year, there's legitimate sexual tension between Paul Rudd's character and his prospective new buds. The humor of this movie is in that sexual tension, so in that respect this is one for the guys.
*** out of *****
Back to top Go down

I Love You, Man
Page 1 of 1