Lipstick Robot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lipstick Robot

We carry a big stick ... or something.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Thief of Bagdad

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dingus McCrunch

Dingus McCrunch

The Thief of Bagdad Empty
PostSubject: The Thief of Bagdad   The Thief of Bagdad Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:01 am

The Thief of Bagdad (1940): starring Conrad Veidt, Sabu, June Duprez, John Justin, Rex Ingram
It's only a matter of time before hollywood does a big budget, computerized-effects version of this movie starring Shia LeBouf or Zach Effron as Abu. In this, the 1940 version of the film, we have Sabu in the title role that Zach Effron will one day play. Abu befriends Ahmad (the very anglo John Justin), the ruler of Bagdad who is ousted and thrown in prison by the wicked Jaffar (Conrad Veidt), all for the love of the lovely Princess (June Duprez). What follows is a fantasy fairytale filled with green screen giant genies, spiders and squid. There's also flying carpets and flying toy horses, and a crossbow that always shoots whoever you're aiming at right between the eyes. In other words, it's a movie every 8-year old boy should love (I wish I had seen it when I was eight).
***1/2 out of *****
Back to top Go down

The Thief of Bagdad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lipstick Robot :: Movies!-
Jump to: